Wikipédia:Training/coreresources/Helping students get started
Origem: Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre.
Printable guides[editar código-fonte]
These printable PDF documents have instructions related to the basics of Wikipedia.
- Wiki markup quick reference – a one-page quick reference (included in the Welcome to Wikipedia brochure) to help you remember the most frequently used wiki markup codes.
- References – explains why references are important, what the expectations for sourcing on Wikipedia are, where to place references, and the basics of adding "ref" tags.
- Reference formatting – explains in more detail how to create footnotes for citing sources, and how to cite the same source multiple times.
- Using talk pages – explains how to use talk pages to communicate with other editors.
- Choosing an article – explains the Dos and Don'ts of choosing an article to work on.
- How to get help – explains the recommended way to get help and feedback. It also includes a glossary of additional help resources you can avail yourself of.
- Avoiding plagiarism – explains what plagiarism is on Wikipedia—including "close paraphrasing"—in addition to why and how to avoid it.
On-wiki tutorials[editar código-fonte]
- Wikipedia:Tutorial – General introduction to Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Article wizard – Walkthrough of the requirements for articles, including notability and sources
- Wikipedia:Picture tutorial – Explains how to insert pictures into Wikipedia articles using wikitext
- Wikipedia:Graphics tutorials (advanced) – advice about advanced image editing
- User sandbox tutorial – Your own sandbox for experimenting, with instructions on the wiki basics
Tutorial videos[editar código-fonte]
|Editing basics: Sandboxes||Editing basics: bold and links|
|How to start an a sandbox page to play around with wiki markup or start an article draft (1m 16s)||How to use the most basic features of wiki markup to create bold text and links to other pages (3m 37s)|
|How to use a watchlist||How to use talk pages|
|How to use a watchlist to keep track of pages you are interested in or have edited (2m 16s)||How to interact with other editors using talk pages, including article talk pages and user talk pages (2m 43s)|
|Editing basics: citing sources||Citing sources with RefToobar|
|How to add citations using "ref" tags (2m 3s)||How to use the "Cite" tool for inserting automatically formatted references (2m 25s)|
|Uploading files such as images to Wikimedia Commons, using the upload wizard, and adding them to articles (2 min 41 sec)|