Ataques com ricina de 2013
Em 16 de abril de 2013 um envelope com ricina endereçado para o senador de Mississippi Roger Wicker e para Barack Obama foi interceptado nas agências de análise de correspondências do Capitólio dos Estados Unidos e da Casa Branca em Washington, D.C., respectivamente.1
As cartas incluíam as frases "No one wanted to listen to me before. There are still 'Missing Pieces.' Maybe I have your attention now even if that means someone must die. This must stop. To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance." e "I am KC and I approve this message."4 5 6
Em 17 de abril de 2013 agentes do FBI detiveram Paul Kevin Curtis, acusado do ato.7 8 4 3 9 Curtis was charged with threatening to harm the President and other government officials. Curtis is thought to have been bipolar and may believe in a government conspiracy to sell body parts.6
Ver também[editar | editar código-fonte]
- "Envelope tests positive for ricin at Washington mail facility".
- Letter sent to Obama tests positive for ricin, officials say. NBC News (April 17, 2013). Página visitada em 2013-04-17.
- Hughes, Brian (April 17, 2013). Feds arrest suspect in ricin-laced letters sent to Obama, senator (em english). The Washington Examiner. Página visitada em 18 April 2013.
- Hartman, Rachel Rose; Olivier Knox (17 April 2013). Authorities arrest Mississippi man in ricin letters to Obama, senator (em english). Yahoo News. Página visitada em 17 April 2013.
- ‘I am KC’: Same message on ricin-positive letters sent to Obama, senator, NBC News, 4/17/2013
- Miss. Man Charged With Threatening Obama, Others, Holbrook Mohr and Adrian Sainz, Associated Press, April 18, 2013
- Feds arrest suspect in ricin-positive letters sent to Obama, senator, Pete Williams, Kristen Welker and Erin McClam, NBC News, April 18, 2013
- Paul Kevin Curtis: 'This is KC and I approve this message' (em english). Gannett News (17 April 2013). Página visitada em 17 April 2013.
- "Feds: Mississippi man arrested in ricin scare", 17 April 2013. Página visitada em 17 April 2013.