Ataques com ricina de 2013
Em 16 de abril de 2013 um envelope com ricina endereçado para o senador de Mississippi Roger Wicker e para Barack Obama foi interceptado nas agências de análise de correspondências do Capitólio dos Estados Unidos e da Casa Branca em Washington, D.C., respectivamente.
As cartas incluíam as frases "No one wanted to listen to me before. There are still 'Missing Pieces.' Maybe I have your attention now even if that means someone must die. This must stop. To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance." e "I am KC and I approve this message."  
Em 17 de abril de 2013 agentes do FBI detiveram Paul Kevin Curtis, acusado do ato.     Curtis was charged with threatening to harm the President and other government officials. Curtis is thought to have been bipolar and may believe in a government conspiracy to sell body parts.
Ver também[editar | editar código-fonte]
- "Envelope tests positive for ricin at Washington mail facility".
- Letter sent to Obama tests positive for ricin, officials say. NBC News (April 17, 2013). Página visitada em 2013-04-17.
- Hughes, Brian (April 17, 2013). Feds arrest suspect in ricin-laced letters sent to Obama, senator (em english). The Washington Examiner. Página visitada em 18 April 2013.
- Hartman, Rachel Rose; Olivier Knox (17 April 2013). Authorities arrest Mississippi man in ricin letters to Obama, senator (em english). Yahoo News. Página visitada em 17 April 2013.
- ‘I am KC’: Same message on ricin-positive letters sent to Obama, senator, NBC News, 4/17/2013
- Miss. Man Charged With Threatening Obama, Others, Holbrook Mohr and Adrian Sainz, Associated Press, April 18, 2013
- Feds arrest suspect in ricin-positive letters sent to Obama, senator, Pete Williams, Kristen Welker and Erin McClam, NBC News, April 18, 2013
- Paul Kevin Curtis: 'This is KC and I approve this message' (em english). Gannett News (17 April 2013). Página visitada em 17 April 2013.
- "Feds: Mississippi man arrested in ricin scare", 17 April 2013. Página visitada em 17 April 2013.