Robert Henry Thurston
Saltar para a navegação Saltar para a pesquisa
Publicações[editar | editar código-fonte]
- 1878. A history of the growth of the steam engine. D. Appleton and Company; 4th, revised ed. 1902 (online)
- 1884. Stationary steam engines; especially as adapted to electric lighting purposes. New York, J. Wiley & sons, 1884.
- 1889. The development of the philosophy of the steam-engine. An historical sketch. New York, J. Wiley & sons.
- 1890. Heat as a form of energy. Boston and New York, Houghton, Mifflin and company, 1890.
- 1891. A manual of the steam-engine. For engineers and technical schools; advanced courses. New York, J. Wiley & sons, 1891.
- 1894. The animal as a machine and a prime motor, and the laws of energetics. New York, J. Wiley & sons.
- 1865. On Losses of Propelling Power in the Paddle Wheel
- 1865. Steam Engines of the French Navy
- 1870. H. B. M. Iron Clad Monarch
- 1870. Iron Manufactures in Great Britain
- 1871. Experimental Steam Boiler Explosions
- 1871. Report on Test Trials of Steam Boilers
- 1872. Traction Engines and Road Locomotives
- 1874. Efficiency of Furnaces Burning Wet Fuel
- 1874. The Mechanical Engineer, his Preparation and his Work
Bibliografia[editar | editar código-fonte]
- ASME History and Heritage Committee (1980); Mechanical Engineers in America Born Prior to 1861: A Biographical Dictionary. New York: ASME. Library of Congress No. 79-57364.
- Calvert, Monte A. Mechanical Engineer in America, 1830-1910: Professional Cultures in Conflict. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 1967.
- Clark, Geoffrey W. (2000); History of Stevens Institute of Technology: A Record of Broad-Based Curricula and Technogenesis. Jersey City, New Jersey: Jensen/Daniels.
- Sinclair, Bruce (1980); A Centennial History of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1880-1980. (Toronto: Published for ASME by University of Toronto Press, 1980). ISBN 0-8020-2380-0.
- Durand, William F. (1929): "Robert Henry Thurston" The Riverside Press Cambridge, Massachusetts 1929 Copyright by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers A.S.M.E. First Edition.
- Johnson's Universal Cyclopedia, 1878; cited in: Brown Thurston (1880) Thurston genealogies. Published 1880 by B. Thurston. p, 337-338