Origem: Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre.
Obras[editar | editar código-fonte]
Hervé escreveu mais de 124 operettas,:3
- Les folies dramatiques (1853), with two other librettists, parodied all the forms of entertainment in Paris, comedy, tragedy, vaudeville, ballet and opera.
- Les chevaliers de la Table Ronde (Théâtre des Bouffes Parisiens, 17 November 1866)
- L'œil crevé (Folies-Dramatiques, 12 October 1867)4
- Chilpéric (operetta) (1868)
- Le petit Faust (1869)5
- Les Turcs (1869)
- Le trône d'Écosse (1871)
- La veuve du Malabar (1873)
- La belle poule (1875)
- Mam'zelle Nitouche (1883)
- The information in this article, based on a translation of its German Wikipedia equivalent, is supplemented by the account of Hervé's career in Richard Traubner, Operetta: A Theatrical History 2003:20ff
- Ernest Newman, in Louis Biancolli, ed. The Opera Reader (New York: McGraw-Hill) 1953:317.
- Taubner 2003.
- Richard Traubner, Operetta: A Theatrical History 2003:22. It was produced in New York in 1868, at J. Grau's Theatre Français, as The Pierced Eye and its libretto published. It was a success too in Vienna and in London.
- Information about Little Faust on Broadway