Origem: Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre.
- Bacevich, Andrew J., American Empire: The Realities and Consequences of U.S. Diplomacy (2002). Argues that while Beard might have been wrong about the need to oppose Hitler, he assessed how American economic interests drive foreign policy.
- Barrow, Clyde W., More Than a Historian: The Political and Economic Thought of Charles A. Beard (2000)
- Borning, Bernard C., The Political and Social Thought of Charles A. Beard (University of Washington Press, 1962) online edition
- Brown, David S., Beyond the Frontier: Midwestern Historians in the American Century (2009)
- Brown, Robert Eldon, Charles Beard and the Constitution: A critical analysis of "An economic interpretation of the Constitution" (1954)
- Cott, Nancy F., A Woman Making History: Mary Ritter Beard through Her Letters (1991)
- Cushing, Strout, The Pragmatic Revolt in American History: Carl Becker and Charles Beard (1958) online edition
- Dennis, L., (1990) George S. Counts and Charles A. Beard: Collaborators for Change. (SUNY Series in the Philosophy of Education). State Univ of New York Press
- Egnal, Marc, "The Beards Were Right: Parties in the North, 1840-1860," Civil War History, Vol. 47, 2001
- Hofstadter, Richard. The Progressive Historians: Turner, Beard, Parrington (1968), pp 167–346. Detailed analysis of Beard's historiography.
- Kennedy, Thomas C., Charles A. Beard and American Foreign Policy (1975) online edition
- Forrest McDonald, We The People: The Economic Origins of the Constitution (1958)
- Nore, Ellen, Charles A. Beard: An Intellectual Biography (1983). online edition
- Radosh, Ronald, Prophets on the Right: Profiles of Conservative Critics of American Globalism (1978)
- Obras de Charles A. Beard no Projeto Gutenberg
- Beard, Charles, An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution of the United States (1913)
- Beard, Charles, Economic Origins of Jeffersonian Democracy, (1915) online edition
- Beard, Charles, The Administration and Politics of Tokyo, (1923) online edition
Ligações externas [editar]
- AHA Bibliography of the writings of Charles Beard
- Recent empirical research on Beard's thesis and economic factors behind the American Constitution from EH.NET's Encyclopedia.
- Beards's APSA Presidential Address
- Beard's AHA Presidential Address
- Class and Pluralism in America: The Constitution Reconsidered
- Article by Nancy Cott from The Reader's Companion to American History (registration required)