|Nascimento||22 de maio de 1911|
|Morte||20 de janeiro de 2007 (95 anos)|
|Cidadania||Estados Unidos, Império Russo|
|Alma mater||Universidade de Chicago|
|Ocupação||matemático, professor universitário, psicólogo|
|Empregador||Universidade de Toronto, Universidade de Michigan|
|Causa da morte||pneumonia|
Livros[editar | editar código-fonte]
- 1950, Science and the Goals of Man, Harper & Bros., New York
- 1953, Operational Philosophy: Integrating Knowledge and Action,Harper & Bros., New York
- 1960, Fights, Games, and Debates, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor
- 1965, Prisoner's Dilemma, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.(co-author; Albert M. Chammah)
- 1966, Two-Person Game Theory: The Essential Ideas, Ann Arbor, MI, The University of Michigan Press.(republication with Dover Press, Mineola, NY, 1999).
- 1969, Strategy and Conscience, Shocken Books, New York, NY. (first published in 1964)
- 1970, N-Person Game Theory. Concepts and Applications", University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. MI.(republication with Dover Press, Mineola, NY, 2001).
- 1974, Conflict in Man-made Environment', Harmondsworth, Penguin Books.
- 1975, Semantics, Crowell, 1975.
- 1986, General System Theory. Essential Concepts and Applications, Abacus, Tunbridge Wells.
- 1989, The Origins of Violence: Approaches to the Study of Conflict, Paragon House, New York.
- 1992, Peace: An Idea, Whose Time Has Come, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, MI.
- 1998, Decision theory and decision behaviour, Macmillan, Houndmills.
- 2000, Certainties and Doubts : A Philosophy of Life, Black Rose Books, Montreal, 2000: His autobiography.
- 2001, Skating on Thin Ice, RDR Books, Oakland, CA.
- 2005, Conversations with Three Russians - Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Lenin. A Systemic View on Two Centuries of Societal Evolution, Kovac, Hamburg.
Artigos selecionados[editar | editar código-fonte]
- 1953, "Spread of information through a population with sociostructural bias: I. Assumption of transitivity." in: Bulletin of Mathematical Biophysics, 15, 523-533.
- 1956, with Ralph W. Gerard and Clyde Kluckhohn, "Biological and cultural evolution: Some analogies and explorations". Behavioral Science 1: 6-34.
- 1957, "Contribution to the Theory of Random and Biased Nets." in: Bulletin of Mathematical Biology 19:257-77.
- 1960 with W.J. Horvath, "The theoretical channel capacity of a single neuron as determined by various coding systems", in: Information and Control, 3(4):335-350.
- 1962, "The Use and Misuse of Game Theory", in: Scientific American, 207: 108-114.
- 1963, "Mathematical models of social interaction". In R. D. Luce, R. R. Bush, & E. Galanter (Eds.), Handbook of Mathematical Psychology (Vol. II, pp. 493–579). New York, NY: John Wiley and Sons.
- 1966, Two-person game theory: the essential ideas. Ann Arbor, University of Michigan Press.
- 1974, with Lawrence B. Slobodkin, "An optimal strategy of evolution". Q. Rev. Biol. 49:181-200
- 1979, "Some Problems Relating to Randomly Constructed Biased Networks." Perspectives on Social Network Research:119-164.
- 1989, with Y. Yuan, "Some Aspects of Epidemics and Social Nets." Pp. 327–348 in The Small World, ed. by Manfred Kochen. Norwood, NJ: Ablex.
- Ron Csillag,"Anatol Rapoport, Academic 1911-2007." Toronto Globe and Mail, January 31, 2007, p. S7
- Chesmak Farhoumand-Sims, "Memories of Anatol Rapoport." Peace Magazine, April 2007, p. 14
- Alisa Ferguson, "Rapoport was Renowned Mathematical Psychologist, Peace Activist." University of Toronto Bulletin, February 20, 2007.
- Markus Schwaninger,"Obituary Anatol Rapoport (May 22, 1911 - January 20, 2007): Pioneer of Systems Theory and Peace Research, Mathematician, Philosopher and Pianist." Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Vol. 24, 2007, pp. 655–658.
- This book about general semantics along the lines of S.I. Hayakawa's Language in Thought and Action and more technical (mathematical and philosophical) material. A valuable survey.
Ligações externas[editar | editar código-fonte]
- Science for Peace website
- History of Science for Peace
- Profile of Anatol Rapoport
- Farhoumand-Sims, Cheshmak (abril 2007). «Memories of Anatol Rapoport». Peace Magazine: 14. Consultado em 3 de maio de 2008